How to - Tour De Drought
1) Register at EventBrite to ride for a free commemorative water bottle and donate to the Mt Tam Watershed Fund.
2) Download your chosen route:
Road | 58 miles | 5,200 feet |
Gravel/MTB | 32 miles | 4,800 feet |
Gravel/MTB Lite | 7 miles | 1,000 feet |
3) Ride the route
Download the ride to your cycling computer and complete the route between October 23 and November 21.
4) Document the drought
Take photos and videos of the reservoirs and tag them with #TourdeDrought #SaveWater #CyclistsSaveWater and @MarinWater @MarinBike @OneTamalpais
5) Prizes will be awarded for the best social media photos, so get creative!
6) Collect your free water bottle in mid-November.
Rules of Engagement
1. By opting into Le Tour de Drought, each such opting in rider (i) thereby acknowledges that cycling is an inherently dangerous activity and thereby agrees to assume all risks related thereto; (ii) thereby agrees to not hold Marin Water, Marin County Bicycle Coalition, One Tam, or any of its officers, directors, employees or affiliates, liable or responsible, to any degree, for any damages or injury resulting from such rider's participation in Le Tour de Drought; (iii) warrants and represents that he/she has read and understands these Rules of Engagement; and (iv) thereby agrees to adhere to these Rules of Engagement
2. Follow the rules of the roads and trails, obey all traffic laws, and ride safely
3. Every rider is responsible for their own safety, food, water, equipment, and navigation
4. There are no course markings or any kind of rider support
5. Be respectful to other road and trail users
Thanks for signing up!
Tour de Drought Partners